Major Gifts Officer
Do you love telling impactful stories and have a passion for helping others? Do you want to work with a great team and go to work every day knowing you are making a true difference in the lives of other people? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Our client is a faith-based ministry near downtown Dallas who is adding a Major Gifts Officer to their quickly growing organization serving the homeless population. You will play a crucial role in solidifying existing relationships with major donors and building new ones who share the dedication to ending homelessness.
What you will do:
- Cultivate, and steward relationships with existing major donors and foster opportunities for new ones.
- Deepen relationships by reaching out and meeting with donors to communicate the impact of their support.
- Collaborate with the Development Team and organization leaders to develop and implement the gift fundraising plan to advance the mission
- Represent the organization at community events, conferences, and networking opportunities to expand the donor base
- Your 5+ years of experience in major gifts fundraising for a non-profit organization
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Strong understanding and commitment to Christian values and principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to articulate the organization’s mission and impact
- Proven track record building and maintaining relationships with high-net-worth individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Knowledge of fundraising databases and tools
- The ability to positively impact thousands of lives through the organization’s mission and ministry
- To be part of a collaborative team who support each other, their guests, and the community
- A business casual work environment
- Free in-office daily lunches!
- Strong benefits, PTO, and a generous 401K matching program
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.