Director of Events
$85-95k base plus incentive comp that includes commission and bonuses
Are you an outstanding Director of Events interested in joining one of the fastest growing, exciting and respected destination management companies in the U.S.? Would you enjoy collaborating with supportive leadership while mentoring and encouraging an amazing team? If this sounds like you, and you live in the Washington DC or Boston area - we'd love to talk with you!
What They Can Offer to You:
- Opportunity to lead and grow the entire northeast region including Washington DC, Boston, New York and Philadelphia
- The chance to work for a well-recognized and respected DMC who has structure, processes, and procedures in place to make your job easier
- Be part of an upbeat, fun-loving, collaborative team that thrives on supporting each other and your clients
- Excellent base salary with added commissions and perks
- Robust benefits package including healthcare, match on 401k, paid vacation, cell phone reimbursement, paid holidays, top of the line computer equipment and more!
Who You Are:
- Have a strong work ethic and are dedicated to growing your team and leading successful events!
- Love being a part of a collaborative team who works and plays hard- you have each other’s backs
- Can think quickly on your feet, roll with the punches in the constantly evolving event space, and always deliver a high level of customer service
- 6+ years in Program/Event/Operations management
- Enjoy being a diligent, high-energy, phenomenal teammate with strong attention to detail
- Have a creative eye for design of events
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
What You Will Contribute:
Be responsible for the strategic direction and management of your team to ensure operational excellence while coaching and training Event Managers. You'll partner with the Chief Experience Officer and National Event Manager to develop and roll out company policies and procedures plus identify new opportunities and positions with other Director of Events across the country.
Be accountable for overall Events team performance, including meeting gross profit goals and key benchmarks. You'll get to build rewarding relationships with Conference Services teams at primary and secondary hotels while also building, maintaining and / or establishing vendor relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.