Patent paralegals, are you ready for a new environment and to work for a firm that cares about its community and the impact it makes? Hybrid opportunity. We are looking for a highly motivated, critical thinker with a minimum of 10 years of law firm experience to add to a dynamic Patent and Trademark law practice in Dallas.
There is competitive pay and discretionary bonus opportunities along with a nice benefits package, including comprehensive medical and dental coverage, generous paid time off, retirement plan and pet insurance. It is a family friendly environment that offers wellness initiatives as well! You will work with a supportive team that will make sure you have the tools you need and offer mentorship to grow and develop your skillset.
What You Will Do:
- Manage the patent and trademark processes including research, analysis, docketing and eFiling.
- Prepare and file documents related to US & Foreign patent prosecution
- eFiles with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Dockets management and calendaring
- Work with in-house and outside counsel and other patent paralegals as necessary on US and foreign patent application filings and patent office communications
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Paralegal/legal administrative degree/certificate or equivalent experience
- 10 years’ relevant work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. patent rules and procedure; knowledge of PCT and/or national laws of other countries
- Filesite experience a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills, and high attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.