We are thrilled to be partnering with a non-profit organization within Dallas County whose mission is to provide programs to assist individuals and families who are struggling to rise above poverty. They provide outstanding education and resources so individuals can become self-sufficient, begin to thrive and not be dependent on social services. Want to be part of such an honorable initiative?
They are seeking a Controller who will have responsibility for the monthly full-cycle Accounting process. This will include being focused on fund accounting and compliance with Federal and State fiscal guidelines, including 2 CFR 200, OMB universal federal guidance. In addition, you will assist the CFO in annual agency audits, review and submit year end journal entries and coordinate with the Accounting Manager on day-to-day work of the accounting department which includes fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, recording of revenue and expenses.
Additional Responsibilities Could Include:
- Preparing month-end reporting and reconcile balance sheets and profit and loss accounts to the respective general ledger accounts.
- Reviewing payroll reports for accuracy, the statement of revenues and expenses to ensure the cost allocated entries are posted following the appropriate approved cost allocation plan.
- Developing annual Finance Department goals in alignment with agency and Finance Department strategic goals.
- Contributing to the development of Finance service improvements.
- Participating in planning for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance team, as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis or opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Coordinating with CFO on the preparation of program budgets and the annual budget for the Agency.
- Prepare monthly reporting and cash flow forecasting for presentation the Finance.
The successful candidate will be someone who has a bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business Administration or Finance. If you have a master’s degree and/or CPA then that is a plus. We would also like you to have 8+ years of confirmed experience in an accounting leadership role. Previous experience managing and mentoring others will help to set you up for success.
If you are selected to join this outstanding organization, then you will be eligible for a robust benefit package that includes medical, vision, dental, 403(b) contribution, paid time off, parental leave, and so much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.