We are thrilled to be partnering with a non-profit organization within Dallas County whose mission is to provide programs to assist individuals and families who are struggling to rise above poverty. They provide phenomenal education and resources so individuals can become self-sufficient, begin to thrive and not be dependent on social services. Want to be part of such an honorable initiative?
They are seeking an Accounting Manager to join the organization who will perform daily accounting-related activities, including supervision of Accounts Payable Specialist. In this role, you would report to the CFO and partake in developing the annual Finance goals, contribute to designing financial improvements for all agency employees, funders, subcontractors and sub-recipients and partner with others to build cross-departmental relationships.
Additional Responsibilities could include:
- Deliver all tasks associated with month-end close in a timely manner
- Review FF&E and capitalize expenditures in accordance with capitalization policy.
- Review monthly Statement of Revenue and Expense reports for each fund.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and complete bank transfers, ACH submission and other financial transactions.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets.
- Prepare and submit payroll along with reviewing and posting payroll journal entries.
- Assist finance team with all programmatic and financial audits and preparation of form 990.
We are seeking someone who is a highly motivated self-starter with an understanding of federal and state accounting standards, GAAP compliance, cash and accrual basis accounting, and cost allocations. They should have previous experience managing others and it would be a huge additive if they have worked in a non-profit environment previously. In addition, you will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting along with at least 5+ years of professional accounting experience. If you have a CPA or MBA, then that would be fantastic!
If you are selected to join this outstanding organization, then you will be eligible for a robust benefit package that includes medical, vision, dental, 403(b) contribution, paid time off, parental leave, and so much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.