Join a leading innovative industrial lighting and electrical engineering company in Dallas, Texas that needs a hard-working Controller who is a problem solver and enjoys creating processes and procedures. Founded in 2017, the company is privately owned and services clients nationally as well as throughout DFW. If you are looking to work directly with leadership, have a voice, and support a growing company, let’s talk!
You’ll receive –
- Opportunity to collaborate with the operations and executive team and impact the company’s rapid growth
- Compensation package that includes meaningful base salary, performance bonus, generous benefits package, and other perks
- A company who supports and encourages their people to grow personally and professionally, provides input and feedback, and has fun!
- Handling the monthly close process, budgets, payroll, develop standard procedures, project and financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliation, general ledger review, and operation guidelines
- Supervising the accounting staff who handles AR, AP, monthly account reconciliations, and analysis
- Ensuring timeliness and accuracy of daily transaction process while following US GAAP principles
- Handling day-to-day cash needs and provide timely weekly cash flow reports while also completing timely financial statements
- Identifying meaningful metrics and build commensurate reporting procedures
- Evaluating upgrading accounting systems to add automation, AI, and/or process improvements
A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required, CPA license is a plus
6+ years Controller experience, construction industry experience and public accounting is a plus
Experience with inventory and percentage completion accounting and reporting
Experience implementing a software implementation including adding automation
General tax knowledge
Advanced Excel experience as well as QuickBooks Online is required; GcPay, Paycor, Bill.com is a plus
A passion for working in a fast-paced, high-reaching environment, and tackling challenges
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.