Event Manager - Punta Gorda
Are you an outstanding Sales and Events Manager who loves the sales and execution of events? Our client is a nationwide Destination Management Company who is highly respected in the industry. This role will drive and contribute to the sales of events and execution of those events in the Punta Gorda/Charlotte Harbor area, making sure they go off without a hitch!
- You will work split time between your home office and an onsite office but must live in or commutable to the Punta Gorda/Charlotte Harbor area because you could be onsite up to 3 days a week for various events.
What They Can Offer to You:
- Multiple and varied career opportunities both in Operations and/or Sales
- The chance to work for a well-recognized and respected DMC who has structure, processes, and procedures all in place to make your job easier
- Be part of an upbeat, fun-loving, collaborative team that thrives on supporting each other and your clients
- Excellent base salary with added commissions and perks
- Robust benefits package including healthcare, match on 401k, paid vacation, cell phone reimbursement, paid holidays, top of the line computer equipment and more!
Who You Are:
- Have a strong work ethic and are dedicated to events and the sales of those events
- Love being a part of a collaborative team who works and plays hard- you have each other’s backs
- Can think quickly on your feet, roll with the punches in the constantly evolving event space, and always deliver a high level of customer service
- 3+ years in Program/Event/Operations and sales management- all in the event space
- Enjoy being a diligent, high-energy, phenomenal teammate with strong attention to detail
- Have a creative eye for design of events
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
What You Will Do:
- Sell the attractions in the Port Charlotte area to the clients and help to execute those events that have been sold
- Handle all the details and logistics leading up to the event, onsite during the event, and following up with post-event billing and wrap up
- Help the client build the design- select menus, chose entertainment, decor, build a production timeline, arrange transportation between events- draw out the entire blueprint for the event
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.